Thursday, January 22, 2015

A color wheel

This weeks challenge for DLP was a color wheel. I decided to do color wheel sections full of things that are one of the six primary and secondary colors. I wanted to keep it simple with my technique this week so I only used a lead pencil to sketch and watercolors to fill in the details, no mixed media this time.


I had to gesso my page first because the watercolors seep right through the paper in this journal so I can't really blend them like I would if they were on watercolor paper. I picked easy things to draw because I didn't want to spend too long on this one.

The quote is the one we were given for inspiration. I came across an old lettering book from my scrapbooking days that I used for the words this time. The book is The Art of Creative Lettering by Becky Higgins. I think it will be a great resource for my art journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment